Wednesday, 11 July 2012

On Yer Bike!

Back to my Vietnam photos...

What? You thought you'd seen them all by now? Nope, still quite a few to show.....





The scooter is the primary means of transport in Vietnam's cities, and there are millions of them! Apparently, 5 million in Ho Chi Minh City alone.

Entire families ride on them....










And carry their shopping...




Or floral tributes....




Or ladders....




Or even their pets!




Some lucky riders have a deluxe model....





And some just use theirs to chill out....




6 comments:

  1. love it...

    but I wouldn't want to ride one in such
    an overcrowded and congested area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that some things haven't changed there at all. One thing that is so amazing about your photos is that in EVERY photo including adults and kids on the scooters, the adults have helmets on and NONE of the children do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was in Chine my mouth hung open some days looking at the people on their scooters. Some with whole families and others carry so much stuff you don't know how they stay upright. Looking out my hotelroom window some mornings at 3 or 4am there are scooters in the street.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these, they remind me of some of the things I see being carried on scooters in India, live goats, scaffolding, families of four! Keep these photos coming, I adore them! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is kinda crazy. I think I would fear death on one of those whether I was on the back or driving. I'm laughing at Vix saying she someone with a goat in India.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nat these are amazing - not unlike a post I have ready to go about the roads in Bali. Thank you for dropping by - great to know you - look forward to reading about Vietnam. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete