Friday, 29 October 2010

Real Alcázar

Originally a Moorish fort, the Alcázar of Seville (Spanish "Alcázares Reales de Sevilla") is a royal palace that is one of the best remaining examples of mudéjar architecture. You can read more about the history of the Alcázar here, if you’re interested.

I thought it was an exquisite place to visit, and I could happily have spent the whole day there…just gazing at the beautiful patios and halls, and relaxing in the gardens.


Horseshoe Arches - The Ambassadors' Hall


Salon de Embajadores - dome of the Ambassadors' Hall, made from carved and guilded interlaced wood


Ornate door


 Dome of the Patio de las Munecas (Patio of the Dolls)


 Mudejar stucco


Patio de las Doncellas (Patio of the Maidens)


Patio de las Doncellas


 Patio de las Munecas





 Patio de las Doncellas


Salones de Carlos V


Ceramic tiles in the Salones de Carlos V


Gardens


 Gardens


Gardens




Happy Friday!

6 comments:

  1. Wow~ These are gorgeous! I would have spent all day looking at that dome. Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The detail work is amazing. Thanks for the continuing photo tour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BB is right ... WOW ..
    You give the best tours !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow these photos are absolutely gorgeous! Totally envy right now x

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too, Betty!
    The photos can't do it justice, Pat
    Thanks faye and jamie-lee :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning . . . absolutely stunning, Nat. Thank you so much for sharing this. I'm living through your pics right now, and if I close my eyes, I'm almost there! ;)

    ReplyDelete