Thursday, 7 October 2010

Leaving On A....Ferry!

In just over a week's time, I'll be winging my way, on a plane, to (hopefully!) sunny Spain!

But before then, I'm going to spend a few days exploring somewhere a bit closer to home... the Isle of Wight. Located in the English Channel, the IoW is separated from mainland Britain by The Solent, and is known for its natural beauty, and its sailing based at the town of Cowes. The island also benefits from a milder climate than the mainland, has good walking paths and many coastal resorts that have been holiday destinations since Victorian times. Hopefully lots to discover and photograph...

We’ve rented a coastal cottage that comes with wifi, so I plan to keep connected to the blogosphere for the next few days...if not, I’ll be in touch again after I get back from Seville.

Bye for now...



Isle of Wight photo from here

7 comments:

  1. I want to get on a plane and go
    somewhere.. anywhere.. overdue for some
    holiday time.!!

    Enjoy your trip . Look forward to some
    fabulous photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful ... here's wishing you a lovely holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heard you won an award over at Leanne's blog! Congratulations! Have a great trip, can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe, just maybe someday I'll see this place...

    ReplyDelete