Monday, 5 July 2010

All Other Canadian Creatures, Great and Small

Apart from the thrill of seeing several bears in Canada, I did come across an assortment of other interesting animals. In no particular order, here are a few of them....

Prairie dog


Golden-mantled ground squirrel


Black squirrel


Tiger slug


Rocky Mountain sheep


Elk


Racoon


Friendly cat


Overly friendly dog


Horses


More horses, plus humans

Unfortunately, I didn't get a photograph of a moose - although we caught glimpses of them, they are fairly elusive and don't hang around to pose!


6 comments:

  1. Great photos and a great narrative!
    I've never seen a black squirrel before.
    That prarie dog is pretty darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this series.
    I have seen a moose, but never
    a prairie dog.. so thank you for
    those pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, Nat! I'm getting goosebumps from that slug photo! You got so close!! The last photo looks like an image from a western movie :)That dog is soo cute. Great photos! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am terrified of squirrels. I once found one lurking in the bathroom and I screamed so loudly the neighbours thought I was being raped. And since pairie dogs look like squirrels too, I'm terrified of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sid, my brother once had a squirrel burrow through his wall and take up residence in his kitchen cupboard....when he opened the door, it leapt out at him. Scared the bejesus out of him! Had to get pest control to remove it in the end...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Pat, faye and Biana! Appreciate the praise from such great photographers!

    ReplyDelete