The lovely Classy in Philadelphia is back from her Caribbean cruise and hosting her 'Where In The World' feature today. If you'd like to take part too, all you have to do is post a picture (or many like I do!) of someplace in the world. Don't forget to use the WITWW button in your post, and to visit Classy in Philadelphia later to post a comment on her WITWW, so that other participants can visit your blog too.
Today I'm in Brussels, capital of Belgium and the EU.... and not the place to be if you're on a diet! Temptation is everywhere....Belgian chocolates, Belgian waffles and Belgian beer.
Belgian chocolate waffles
A great place for a long weekend... just a short train trip from London onboard the Eurostar and if you go after the European Parliament breaks up for the summer holidays (at the end of July), there are fantastic deals to be found on luxury hotels.
Here are a few of my photos of the city...click on any to enlarge, hit back to return to my blog (click on the links to read more)....
Brussels Town Hall on Grand Place
The Maison du Roi (King's House) on Grand Place
I loved these shop shutters!
'Tintin' created by Hergé , scene painted on building
The Atomium in Heysel Park






Super photos!!
ReplyDeleteI have never been to Belgium.
But after seeing your photos,
I want to go. For now I will
have to settle for Belgian waffles
at IHOP.. not the same I know....
Ughhhhh, my mouth is watering...I want waffles NOW. Brussels looks gorgeous..I've heard good things about it. Is it similar to Prague?
ReplyDeleteBelgian waffles! In Belgium!
ReplyDeleteAck. I'm hungry and envious. Such a combination!
Pearl
faye - thanks! IHOP is pretty good too :-)
ReplyDeleteClassy in Philadelphia - Brussels is a bit like Prague but not quite as spectacular ....food is much better in Brussels though :-) I'll post some pics of Prague soon...
Pearl - hello! yes, you can't beat Belgian chocolate on top of Belgian waffles....in Belgium!
Thanks for the pics! Looks great - I wanna go too. Wish it was just a few hours on the train for me ..... Cheers, Karen
ReplyDeleteI just came from Dragonfly..The Belgian Chocolate Waffles made me stop here..Looks yummy.
ReplyDeleteNat,
ReplyDeleteStop by my blog this morning. There's a little something waiting for you there. No work or rules involved! If you're not interested in such things, that's no problem...
Hey Nat, thanks for stopping by Oh Shoot and your kind words ! Great shots, man you have some cool stuff to shoot around you, I'm jealous =)
ReplyDeleteVickie
Hi Nat, you've got a great blog. Thanks for tagging along. I will be tagging along with you too, if you don't mind. I've been to Brussel once, had a great time. yum, I love belgian chocolate!! I hope we can become good blogfriends!
ReplyDelete