Thursday, 20 May 2010

Mascot Or Monster?




Meet Mandeville and Wenlock....the official mascots for the London 2012 Paralympic and Olympic Games, respectively, that you can see in action over HERE.

Some say they look like Sonic the Hedgehog interbred with Mike, the one-eyed monster from Disney's 'Monster Inc'.....but love 'em or loathe 'em, these creatures (supposedly fashioned from droplets of steel used to build the stadium) are going to be all over Britain for the next couple of years.



Maybe they'll grow on me.....call me an old fart, but I hated the 2012 logo when it first come out in all it's eyeball-aching, technicolour forms. Nowadays, I've learnt to live with it.

What do you think?




Pictures found on the BBC website.

4 comments:

  1. personally, I think they're kind of hideous. One eye? I wonder what the thought was behind that? Maybe they'll grow on me as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yip - one pair of eyes between them! Apparently their eyes are like cameras, inspired by the headlights of London's famous black cabs (?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rather strange... but you definitely
    will be seeing them everywhere and I am sure
    a lot of them will be going home with visitors
    of the games......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Mascots. Not too fond of the logo ...

    ReplyDelete