Saturday, 25 August 2012

Things I've Learnt Lately...


1. What happens in Vegas doesn't actually ever stay in Vegas! Especially if you're third in line to the British throne.... and you decide to get your Crown Jewels out at a pool party.





2. A Naked Prince gets far more press coverage than the sentencing of a Norwegian mass murderer.... or the ongoing massacres by the Syrian dictator.


3. One in 10 people react badly to the rabies vaccination... and that includes my poor hubby. High fever and headaches have knocked him out the past couple of days, but at least we are ready to face all those rabid dogs that are (apparently) just waiting to sink their teeth into us the moment we set foot in Thailand.






4. It is the Law of Murphy that on the weekend that you are stuck inside a hot, crowded dojo, in a hot gi, doing hot, strenuous exercise at an Aikido Summer School.... Britain basks under a hot, sunny sky. The following weekend (which also happens to be a long one!), when you have plans for picnics and BBQs and long country walks with friends... leaden skies will prevail, followed by monsoon conditions!


5. I sometimes get an idea in my head, or dream and that becomes all consuming... I have no time for anything else! That explains my absence from these parts of late - preoccupation with a little trip I have in mind for 2014. More on that another day....




Happy weekend everyone!

9 comments:

  1. I love your take on news events at home and abroad - you always give me a chuckle whenever you do get round to posting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping that your little trip in 2014 involves Perth as well Nat, not just Sydney and Melbourne, you'll miss the best city if you don't come haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! You crack me up. I bet Harry is a fun guy to hang around...but I would want him to say far away from my daughter. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope Mr Nat feels better soon, how exciting a trip to Thailand and major plans afoot for 2014. You're stoking my wanderlust no end! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great commentary ...
    and I agree the press was a little too concerned
    with the prince and not enough with NEWS.

    my mind wanders too.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also think what ever happens in Vegas goes on Facebook!HA!! Nothing is sacred anymore. Your poor hubby, I didn't know one needed a vaccine for rabies when traveling to Thailand. I'm gonna ask my brother and SIL if they received a shot for that too, they went to Thailand not that long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor hubby hope he is feeling better. Have I told you how funny I think you are? Well you are, very, funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've thought about getting exposure by going naked and that is all I got. Being exposed. No exposure though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, another adventure for you! I remember getting all my injections for my trip to Vietnam. Lots of injections...

    ReplyDelete