Thursday, 8 December 2011

Crazy. Stupid. Busy.





I’ve been off the bloggersphere for a little while. Kind of conspicuous by my absence, so to speak... or rather type.

So....what has been happening in the Life of Nat?

Quite a lot, actually... there have been some crazy high jinks, some should-have-known-better-stupid escapades, and some run-of-the mill domestic stuff.

First up, the high jinks, or rather Air Kix. One night last week I got to try out indoor skydiving... body flying in a wind tunnel, set up to simulate free falling at 24,000 feet.

There is no way on this planet (or indeed the wider galaxy for that matter) that I am ever going to jump out of a ‘plane with just a silk sheet strapped to my back to spare me from making like a cow pat (splattery splat!) in a big open field of ruminating bovines. So this is possibly the next best thing. And perhaps slightly less dangerous than my foiled attempts at paragliding.

Here I am looking rather ...er... fly! And large...







Loads of fun and definitely something I would try again.


And so onto the stupid escapades... or rather “This one time, when I temporarily lost all sense of proportion and imagined I was back in my drunken undergraduate student days!”

My liver certainly thought Nat was partying like it was 1993....

It was my office Christmas party this past weekend... a 3-course dinner, obligatory cheesy disco for those so inclined, and then midnight taxis home for the local residents or a night in the hotel for those of us living further afield. I should have listened to the Sensible, One-Glass-Of-Wine-Is-My-Limit Nat sitting on my shoulder, and retired to my comfy hotel bed as the Pumpkin Hour struck.



Random shot of hotel light fittings


But I didn’t.

“A quick night cap” in the hotel bar with the other stayer-overs (is that even a word?) turned into a few. And then someone had the bright idea of “finishing it all off with a shot”...

Next thing we know it’s gone 4 am and we have steadily worked our way through a selection of liqueurs.

Tequila! She makes me happy!

So does sambuca, disaronno, Bailey’s, vodka and kahlua...




The bar man is politely asking us to “Leave right now people! Just get out!!!” and actually escorting us from the premises...

Amazingly, I wake up 6 hours later feeling rather chirpy, which is more than can be said for my ‘tache-touting, everyone-was-my-buddy-last-night’ husband (who by the way has been so flattered by the positive response to his whiskers that he’s keeping them till the New Year). The hangover struck with a vengeance on the drive home...

I spent the rest of Sunday semi-comatose on the couch, unfit for purpose, which did nothing for the progress of Operation Christmas Preparation. With a whole horde of visitors about to descend upon us between now and the Big Day itself, I have been on a frenzied hosting hyper drive...planning meals, ordering van loads of groceries, sorting out the guest bedroom, getting the Christmas cards posted, gifts wrapped, Christmas tree decorated, Christmas cake boozed...

Someone please hit the “Pause button”!

15 comments:

  1. OMGosh, Nat . . . you make me laugh out loud. Tequila 'was' my friend, until a long 'afternoon' in Vegas a couple years ago (what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas). All I can say is that I am NOT a 21 year old any longer, and Mr. Tequila and I no longer talk. I can't believe you did that flying in a room full of air thing. ;) You really are the coolest person I know!!! Happy days, and hope you have recovered nicely from all your recent adventures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back Nat, and glad you've been whooping it up too.

    SP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! That sounds like all the office Xmas do's I used to go to, the last the leave the bar and disgracefully drunken! Talk about Xmas spirit!
    Hope you get it all done before the visitors arrive. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Air Kix looks fantastic fun Nat, the sensation without the height! Good thing Christmas comes but once a year, party party!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOOD TIMES!!! Nothing like having a good party!
    That indoor skydiving looks AWESOME!!
    Much love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, every once in awhile we have to be reminded how bloody stupid we were when we were younger which in turn reminds us how bloody old we have gotten because we can't handle our Bloody Marys anymore. Also, if you were a bit drunk when you took that photo of the hotel lights then I suggest you get blitzed more often. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drinking until 4 am? I'd have had to sleep until 4 pm to get back on my feet.

    Did the indoor sky-diving come as a direct result ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Nat.. I am with you on this ....
    those Christmas parties and going away parties
    will do you in for sure.... the last one I attended we did tequila shots for three hours...
    I was sick for two days after ...

    Pass the pause button this way.... please.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL it's always that last drink that does it you know!

    Thanks for stopping by my place and taking the time to comment. Nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha - this post makes me laugh out loud! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The indoor skydiving must be a great alternative to the real thing even if only to get the feeling of falling.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look like you're having so much fun flying! I'd love to do that! And as for the drunkenness...it happens to the best of us.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Indoor skydiving looks like fun and you managed to get an awesome shot of the hotel lights!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never tried the indoor skydiving, but the second part I'm a master at...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love both of these adventures! I do want to jump out of a plane, maybe start here first. Glad you had a blast at the X-mas party, no awkward moments :)

    ReplyDelete