1. Christmas is definitely way more magical
when you’re a child…. the excitement on my little nieces’ faces when they were
tearing open their presents under the tree was quite something to behold.
2. Christmas presents are far more sophisticated
these days than when I was a child… way back then, the only “blackberry” we had
heard of was a fruit typically found with apples in pies!
3. Garden furniture is very handy
for indoor use when you have a load of Christmas visitors to fit around the
dinner table.
4. My culinary skills are definitely
improving, even if I say so myself… I made a very tasty lamb stew for Christmas
Eve supper, a full roast beef dinner (with roast potatoes, glazed carrots,
green beans, mini Yorkshire puddings, and port and red onion gravy) for Christmas
Day, and then fall-off-the-bone tender roast chickens with a medley of roasted
vegetables for Boxing Day. And nothing got burnt… well, apart from those
leftover Yorkies that I was trying to warm up under the grill!
5. I also make a mean Christmas cake…
perhaps it was all that rum but it certainly went down well, especially with a
hefty slice of “Double Gloucestershire” cheese on the side.
6. My Christmas trifle, on the other
hand, needs some re-mastering… a tad on the bland side!
7. My usually tee-totaler mom becomes extremely chatty after three glasses of champagne!
8. ‘Love Actually’ is still my all-time
favourite “Christmas” movie, but the novelty of ‘Merry Madagascar’ and ‘Shrek
The Halls’ is wearing a little thin… not so much for my nieces though!
9. I’ll never tire of cheesy
Christmas lights…. which is lucky, since my neighbours hold an annual “We have
the cheesiest festive decorations” contest!
10. Someone clearly lacking in common
sense and good taste has decided to can Satan’s green balls….I discovered this
horror on a trip to the supermarket....
Effectively farts in a can.. or at least in the making!


That's a great list. Can't imagine anyone thinking that canned brussels sprouts would be a good thing. I hate them fresh or canned.
ReplyDeleteI will eat almost everything, but brussel sprouts are the devil's food! We had a trifle (made by a friend) this christmas eve, that may have been the single best desert I've ever eaten... Happy New Year to you my friend! Thanks for your support and kind thoughts...
ReplyDeleteHA!!! Farts in a can!?!?!!! You crack me up (I can tell you, I don't think I have EVER see those before. . . Or perhaps I was simply blinded by the horror!) ;)
ReplyDeleteLOVE the Christmas count down . . . your nieces are beautiful!!! Happy New Year, my dear!! Looking forward to reading about all of your adventures in 2012! Hugs!
I agree Christmas to meant to be enjoyed through the eyes of children! Your meals sound over the top delicious! I hope they al appreciated your cooking! I too love holiday lights the more the better! Brussel Sprouts in a can NO!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt's been lovely getting to know you on your blog. I hope you have a fantastic New Year!!!!!
Hope you have an awesome year!
ReplyDeleteOops..pushed enter too soon...
ReplyDelete'Satans green balls'....love that!