Monday, 12 December 2011

A Very British Safari

Lions, tigers, rhinos and bears... not the sort of animals you'd typically expect to find in the green fields of England. But that's exactly what I saw this weekend - at the Woburn Safari Park!



































18 comments:

  1. I have not been to the zoo for the past couple of years. I haven't been to a Safari...ever so these are refreshing to see... animals not caged :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a beautiful safari park! I enjoyed all of your animal pictures; the owl is charming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a really neat place. I especially liked the owl. Is there a monkey sitting on top of a car?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful safari park!I love to be at a Safari with lots of animals roaming around. Feels like I am in Africa :)
    What a close encounter with an owl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh...uncaged drive-around-in-them zoos... we were at a zoo like that when a baboon got loose and snubbed my Dad's egg salad sandwich. Monkeys also pooped on his car and tore off his antennae. So yeah...monkeys and my Dad are not best friends.

    That owl is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So weird to see lions walking around on manicured green grass and not in their natural environment! LOL.
    The owl is beautiful. Wow!
    Much love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its wonderful to see that there are places like this there as well and that you can see these animals somewhere other than a zoo. But its nothing like the real thing on a game drive vehicle in Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A nice safari park.. glad the animals are safe
    and free ... however the lion would be a touch
    close for my comfort level

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Nat:
    We must say that it really is rather strange to see animals such as these so far from their native habitat and transferred to the setting of a stately home! But so much better than viewed in captivity which we do not like to see.

    Although we have not been to the safari park at Woburn, where in the house they have the most wonderful Canaletto collection, we do recall years ago visiting a similar park at Longleat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woburn was a regular haunt of ours when my sons were younger, so really enjoyed seeing these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never been to a safari park and now I want to. What amazing pictures, doesn't that lionness look powerful? x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic photos. My family always loved safari parks.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The perspective in the fist photo, makes the rhinos look like giants when compared to the auto in the right background!

    We used to have a place like this just a few miles from us. It was called "Lion Country Safari." The land got much too valuable and it closed. They had tons of animals. Two of them were huge lions that liked to sit on cars!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We're heading out on holiday on Saturday so I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I have done forward posts for both my blogs so they will still come up on your feeds every day, I just won't be commenting as I'm not taking the laptop along.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fantastic Nat, it looks like they have so much space to roam around! Wonder if they get used to the cold?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Safari park, I think we have these in the states but I have never been. I do love the wild animal park in San Diego where you can take a train out to look at the animals, BIG wide OPEN spaces for them to roam or run :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, so cool pics - and that owl is magnificent! :-)

    ReplyDelete