Would you believe it, it's time for Where In The World Wednesday again, hosted by the fabulous Classy in Philadelphia. Why don't you take part too? All you have to do is post a picture (or many like I do!) of someplace in the world. Don't forget to use the WITWW button in your post, and to visit Classy in Philadelphia later to post a comment on her WITWW, so that other participants can visit your blog too.
Today, I'm taking you to Prague....capital city of the Czech Republic, and nicknamed Stověžatá Praha ("City of a Hundred Spires"). At the end of March last year, B and I spent a freezing cold weekend exploring this fascinating city....B was pretty ill with a bad bout of 'man flu' but soldiered on regardless.
Our first port of call is the Old Town Square, home of the famous Astronomical Clock (that you can read more about here) and dominated by the Church of Our Lady before Týn (Kostel Matky Boží před Týnem) dating from the 14th century.
Old Town Square (Staroměstské náměstí)
Astronomical Clock
Old Town Square with Astronomical Clock Tower
Old Town Square by night
Winding our way through the old streets towards the Vltava River, we cross Charles Bridge to reach Malá Strana (Lesser Quarter).....
Cafe culture
Bridge Tower, Old Town side
View from the top of the Bridge Tower
View from the top of the Bridge Tower
Organ grinder on Charles Bridge
Watch Tower, Malá Strana side
Malá Strana
Street art (once parking metres)
Prague Castle seen from the banks of Vltava River
View from Prague Castle
This is just a selection of my photographs from the amazing city of Prague, and I would throughly recommend a trip there if you ever get the chance. Everywhere you turn there is something else that catches your eye, like this statue, which I called "Death"....
And this manhole cover....
Click on any phtotographs to view larger versions, click back to return to blog

These photos are beautiful, Nat. Prague looks so beautiful. I love that the houses have bright colours, and I love the old architecture. You've captured the city very well!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful city..I love the old architecture too. Thanks for taking us to Prague..I've enjoyed the tour here..
ReplyDeleteOh Nat! You make me want to travel!!! These were a wonderful escape! Thanks.!
ReplyDeleteI'm participating in WITWW. Busy uploading pics of Venice as we speak. Or as I type.
ReplyDeleteAlso I've always wanted to travel to Prague. And you're pics have just fueled the desire.
Gosh, Prague is just SO beautiful. It looks so quaint and classic. I wish I had the chance to go last summer. Adding this to my list of places to visit.
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining in, Nat!
I spotted your monkey on Bossy Betty's site... thought I'd pop over... GREAT shots :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the great comments, everyone :-)
ReplyDeleteWelcome onboard Green Monkey!