To sum up my visit to Canada in one word.....SPECTACULAR! I will be posting more on my trip soon, but I still have 2,972 photographs and video clips to process first...even so, I doubt they will do justice to the magnificent landscapes that I was privileged to view. I'm thinking of preparing a series of themed posts, rather than a day-to-day trip report as that could get a bit tedious :-)
In the meantime, I'll leave you with a taster of my Top Five Sights and Experiences:
1. Watching Black and Grizzly bears at close (but safe) range...and not getting eaten by one!
Grizzly cub in Tweedsmuir Provincial Park
2. Ice-walking on the Athabasca Glacier, of the Columbia Icefields Parkway.
Ice, ice, baby!
3. Gazing upon the milky blue and turquoise shades of Lakes Peyto, Kinney, Moraine and Louise.
Lake Peyto - that's not PhotoShop, it really is that colour!
Berg Lake Trail
5. Feeling dwarfed by the snow-capped peaks of the Rocky Mountains.
Highest peak in the Rockies (3954m)
Wow!!!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you had yourself one heck of a trip! I'm really looking forward to more photos and narratives. It's fantastic so far!
Thank goodness for digital cameras...
Okay that's it. If I ever head on over to Canada I'm definitely to Lake Peyton. Ooooh and the pine forests. I could definitely fall in love with that.
ReplyDeleteGlad you're back.
Welcome back, Nat! We've missed you! Wonderful pictures! More please.
ReplyDeleteThe Rockies are just stunning, I agree. When I was out there it was steaming hot in the day time and freezing overnight. Did you miss all that terrible rain and stormyness? The turquoise of the lakes is just amazing. Moraine would be my idea of heaven if it wasn't for the tourists. No people and Moraine = BLISS. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat amazing photos. I'd be fearful of those bears, but the walk in the forest must have been so awesome. That peacefulness. I can't even imagine it. How cool!
ReplyDeleteGlad that you are back safely.
ReplyDeleteAnd my-oh-my what wonderful photos
you shared.. looking forward to more.
Welcome back! Fantastic photos! Looking forward to seeing the rest of the 2972 photos :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the nice comments, everyone! More photos to follow soon :-)
ReplyDeleteVeg, we were really lucky with the weather - just one shower and cloudy sometimes but sunny most days :-) I agree re tourists overrunning the area...luckily, they stick around the main viewing point and we were able to hike away to escape the crowds!
OOh, so jealous Nath! Welcome back! I can't wait for the rest of your photos! sounds like you had an awesome trip! x
ReplyDelete