However, as my new “active” lifestyle is taking up most of my evenings (and takeaway curry four nights a week is just not conducive to achieving a svelte body or funding flights to Canada), I recently revisited this marvellous kitchen appliance, this time with the aid of several simple but successful recipe books, specifically written with the slow cooker in mind (read that any way you want!). Tasty lamb stew, chicken casserole, pork with dumplings, and sausage casserole are just some of the culinary delights I’ve prepared the night before, left to simmer the next day and then gobbled up after a strenuous night in the Aikido dojo or packed gym class.
Tigers in love?
Sunday saw the start of a new Chinese year...the year of the Tiger. Up until quite recently, I’d assumed I was born in the year of the tiger, but, it turns out I’ve been growling up the wrong tree. According to the Chinese lunar calendar, a person born in January 1974 was in fact born in the year of the ox.
“Persons born in the Year of the Ox are diligent, patient and rather remain silent. They are consequent and reliable as friends. But they are easy to irritate and tend to be stubborn and obstinate.”
It was also Valentine’s Day...the day that keeps card makers, florists and chocolatiers in business for another year. B and I don’t go in for V-Day in a big way and usually just exchange cards. I really struggled this year to find him one as I’m not into all the soppy satin hearts stuff (or the bluntly sexual stuff on the other side of the scale)...finally settling on this one that quite amused me and sh*t.
One Tiger who probably didn't get a Valentine's card this year



I love slow cookers.
ReplyDeleteSausage and baked beans with potatotes is my experienced advice. Awesome
Yeah, the Crock rocks!
ReplyDeleteWould love that combo, UG but the hubby has an extreme dislike for beans (baked or otherwise)
I married a chef. He beats a slow cooker any day. Before I married him, I diligently used the crock pot. I'm proud of that feat now as my boys didn't grow up eating fast food (literally, they ate slow food).
ReplyDeleteLucky you, Beth :-)
ReplyDeleteI'll bet your boys grew up healthy...
You were born in the seventies? Geez you're old.
ReplyDeleteSo when are you going to Canada? Ugh I hope I get to travel this year.
Geez, thanks Sid :-)
ReplyDeleteHopefully in June (when it's warm so my old arthritic bones can handle the voyage)...