Thursday, 11 June 2015

Things I've Learnt This Week....

The gastrocnemius is really quite an important muscle in your leg. And it has absolutely nothing to do with your bowels, despite that gutsy little name.

That gastrowhatsit might just give up the ghost if you push it too far.

You're definitely in trouble when the doctor (who looks far too young to have qualified - which means you are getting old, which is a whole different worry) starts the conversation with  "I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...."

Six to eight weeks is a long time. A VERY loooooooooong time to be sitting on one's backside.

Six to eight weeks of sitting on one's backside sounds like a sure-fire way to double the dimensions of that already sizeable backside. On the other foot being limited to hopping/hobbling painfully does restrict the number of trips to the kitchen to get snacks. Every cloud....




5 comments:

  1. Noooo, say it isn't so! I'm sorry Nat that does not sound fun at all - your such an active girl to be sitting around. Now I'm gonna go read up on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Saimi :-) It is so frustrating to be forced to be idle!

      Delete
  2. That sounds nasty! Have you tried an icepack to relieve some of the pain? Get well soon, Nat. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix! Did the whole Rest Ice Compression Elevation (RICE) first few days. One week on now and frustratingly still rather crippled....

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear you are hurt! In mid summer too, that's just wrong. I hope you get better pronto!

    ReplyDelete