Thankfully, I was too young in the 1970's to really notice what Big People were wearing, let alone what the ads for men's clothing were promoting. I had far more important issues to deal with..... like whether I would die from eating Play Doh.... and how to get the View Master off my brother for just 5 minutes....and if I would ever master the art of spool knitting.
Apparently, our definition of .. ahem... looking sexy.... has come a long way since those days. I have unashamedly pinched some of the following pics from the aforementioned article, and also found a few more on my own... again, too much time on my hands....
Dressed like that mate, the only thing you'll be doing is servicing my car....
... in which case, white is not a very practical colour!
... in which case, white is not a very practical colour!
It's not the sound of bell (bottoms) ringing you hear... it's the sirens on the Fashion Police van!
Apparently, you can never have too much chest showing.... as long as you wear a hat big enough to avoid sunburn!
Now if only I had mastered my spool knitting, I could have turned out fabulous little numbers like these....
Does Grandma know you've pinched her poncho?
Just wrong... on so many Y-fronts!
Bloke in the yellow, do you realise you're caught in a net?
Sleepwear that's enough to put any girl off going to bed with one of these blokes. Maybe that's the point...
People actually went outside dressed like this?
For men who want to look like ar*e holes!
You just never know when a hard hat could come in handy....
People actually went outside dressed like this?
For men who want to look like ar*e holes!
You just never know when a hard hat could come in handy....
There may be some bloke trying to throw rocks at your head!
The 1970's man had a bit of a crotch obsession....
You're welcome!
Hold me back!
94% acetate, 6% nylon.... that's enough to get anyone hot under the collar!
Fashion Rule #1 - your bag, shoes and sheep should always match your outfit
You could also co-ordinate with a chicken....





















Ah!!!! NAT!!!! This made me laugh so hard!!!! The poncho absolutely had me - but then when the last photo came up, I lost it!!! Thanks for starting my day off with great laughs, my dear friend. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteOMG! That is the best laugh I've had all week, thank you sooo much :) :) The scary part about it all is that at the time these outfits, and I do use the word 'outfits' loosely, were probably thought of as super cool... nah! surely not! Have a super weekend Nat.
ReplyDeleteOnesies are starting to be popular again as speelwear
ReplyDeleteOK, you made me laugh loud and almost everybody in my office gathered at my computer to look at this selection!
ReplyDelete