I did it!!! Possibly the hardest thing I have ever done.... but I did it!
It was cold. Very, very cold. And windy! Like a gale blowing at times.
And the start was delayed. And there were serious holdups and bottlenecks - because contrary to what anyone watching the latest series of '24' might be led to believe, the traffic never stops in London. Not even at 3 AM.
And all those delays in the cold gave me cramps in muscles that I didn't even know I had....
And I had to give myself a lot of serious talking to over those 8 hours, and remind myself just why I was doing this seemingly crazy thing...
Because a few brief hours of discomfort is nothing compared to the pain that people with cancer are going through.
Because being a part of The Moon Walk, and helping Walk The Walk raise over £3.5 million for breast cancer charities is one of the most awesome things that I've ever had the privilege to do.
Best moment ever... seeing my darling husband waiting in the crowd at the Finish Line, the biggest grin on his face. The same darling husband who bundled me into a warm car and whisked me home...picked me up off the drive when I collapsed, in epic style and in full view of the neighbours, as I got out of the car the other side...
A hot bath, a tonne of comfort food and a good night's sleep... and I was absolutely fine the next day!


I love ya Nat! This is incredible! You should be so proud of yourself and I could hug your husband for being right where he should have been waiting at the finish line. You remind me to get up off my ass and feel my heart beat.
ReplyDeleteXxxxoooo
Thanks Krista xxxx
ReplyDeleteWell done, Nat! what an achievement! xxx
ReplyDeleteThanks Vix :-)
ReplyDeleteWalking a marathon at night in the cold. I take my hat off to you
ReplyDeleteCongrats Nat! Good on you for going through all of that for a great cause...
ReplyDelete