Saturday, 6 July 2013

50 Years Ago Today....




... my mom and dad promised to love and to cherish each other, until death did them part.

Sadly, my dad did not live to see today - we would have been having a good old shindig if he had! Not that either of my parents were Party People, really... they had a quiet, fairly conservative wedding - a church service in the then Salisbury (now Harare) Catholic Cathedral, followed by a reception at The Park Lane Hotel.



I was always really impressed by my dad's honeymoon planning.... back in the early 1960s, when travelling abroad was relatively unheard of, he whipped my mom away on a cruise from Mozambique to The Seychelles.

They were only the second group of tourists to visit the islands.... there were no luxury resorts, no hot water or air conditioning. But I reckon they had a magical time...


6 comments:

  1. A very nice tribute ..
    wonderful memories of your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful couple! :-)

    http://tinajoathome.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So that's where you get your adventurous spirit from! What a lovely pair they are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love and my own parents so very much so of course I get this post. They looked gorgeous together! Your Dad sounds like where you got your love of adventure and travel. I hope Chris and I see many more together:)
    Xxxxoooo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous couple they made. You obviously get your wanderlust from your dear dad! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its great to have memories like this. Pictures and things to pass on one day again.

    ReplyDelete