As the Glastonbury Festival gets under way this weekend, I thought it appropriate to show you another side of Glastonbury, from my recent trip to Somerset.
Glastonbury Abbey - now in ruins - was once the grandest and richest Abbey in England...
Medieval floor tiles
It is the legendary burial place of King Arthur and his Queen Guinevere...
And traditionally the earliest Christian sanctuary in Britain. Some believe that Joseph of Arimathea brought Jesus here..
The Abbey sits in 36 acres of beautiful parkland...
Truly a beautiful place to visit!
Wow! It looks awesome now and I can't even imagine how amazing it was when it was intact. Fantastic photos
ReplyDeleteOh, I love all the details you shared with us.
ReplyDeleteI wanted to tell you that I got the Linky going to Things I Learned in June. I hope you'll do a post and play along.
Oh how I would love to travel through and explore the English countryside, discovering places like this. There are so much history and such beautiful places. Perhaps one day I'll have that opportunity.
ReplyDeleteOh how beautiful! the tiled floor is particularly wonderful! x
ReplyDeleteMy only regret about my trip to the UK is not seeing more historical places like this. It takes my breath away with its huge arches and those lush green abbeys. Thanks for sharing these beauties!
ReplyDeleteXxxooo