Sunday, 21 April 2013

Things I Learnt On My South African Holiday...

No matter where I travel in the world, and what wondrous sights I behold, there is nothing quite like the first full glimpse of Table Mountain as we get close to Cape Town! It always brings a huge rush of nostalgia, good memories and happy thoughts to me....





Renting a huge holiday house by the ocean and getting your family and friends to join you there is a great way of catching up with everyone without dashing around the country or putting pressure on family to accommodate you.

Feeding 12 people takes more than 5 loaves and 2 fishes, but it's great fun to get everyone involved in the preparation, especially my little nephews!

The beaches of Plettenberg Bay are just perfect for clocking up the miles on my Half Moon Walk Training Plan....


Central Beach

The early beach walker finds the pretty pansy shells....


Pansy shells!


Good friends are those whom you can go for years without seeing, then when you do meet up again, it's as if you've never been away. You pick up the conversation from where you left off....

My brave, dashing husband's spider removal techniques work really well on scorpions too! Not one but two scorpions in as many days decided to join our already quite full holiday house party...





Freezing cold water is not going to stop me from making the most of the chance to go swimming in the pool every day....

Pool with a view


Or the ocean!

Positively Antarctic!




8 comments:

  1. Wow .. great shots ... but you can keep that
    scorpion...yikes... I would have never put my feet on the floor... I would have been on air the
    entire time..

    Welcome back.... you've been missed !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that you must have been away - looks like a great holiday, especially meeting up with so many friends.
    Those Pansy shells are called Sand Dollars in USA, and each side with its different markings represents a religious legend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos of South Africa almost had me sold until I saw that scorpion! Eeek! How pretty are those pansy shells? Lovely to see you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only spent a weekend in Plett so haven't explored the area that much. It wasn't a very good weekend either so lots for me to still see and do there, like pick up a pansy shell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes - scorpions! They freak me out, but the other pics are lovely! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lived in George (about 400kms down the road from Cape town) for a few years, and visited Cape Town once in a while, it's a beautiful city!
    What a lovely view you had from your pool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Listen to Vix whining about scorpions I do believe her room in India had a cobra standing guard in the hall. Good for you for getting wet. I love a nice dip in anything that blue!
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having been stung by one of those creatures, I now hate them. I also always shake my shoes out when away from home before I put them.
    What you call a Pansy Shell, we call a Sand Dollar.
    It sounds like a fantastic time you're having!

    ReplyDelete