Monday, 29 April 2013

Things I Saw This Weekend...





  • A man with a floor-length dread-lock beard and a woman carrying a ginormous “Lottery Winner” style cheque at Schiphol airport.


  • Idiots Abroad posing in over-sized clogs at every corner.


  • Enough Gouda cheese to feed the world’s population of mice for a decade and then some!




Yes, I finally got to see the beautiful spring tulips in The Netherlands on a day trip this weekend... some of you may recall that a pesky Icelandic volcano (or more accurately, its accursed ash cloud!) that grounded flights across Europe put paid to my original plans to go Dutch back in 2010. 

It's taken me three years to get my act together and make the quick hop over on the stupid o'clock "Squeezy Jet" flight to Amsterdam, nab the Keukenhof Express bus from Schiphol and spend the day sleep-deprived and tanked up on strong black coffee and sugary waffles, but surrounded by Mother Nature at her most awesome.

Just 771 photos to sort through first before I can share some of them with you all... and there are still loads from my South African trip too. I'd best get cracking...




8 comments:

  1. Posts on SOuth Africa and the Netherlands to come. YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Keep the travel posts coming. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to your photos..
    You are the best tour guide.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I visited Keukenhof Gardens years ago, but would love to return and take some digitals of those wonderful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow those tulips are breathtaking and the shoes...very cool! Looking forward to more pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice photos! Especially the beautiful tulips. I wish somebody would see me carrying a ginormous “Lottery Winner” style check anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love tulips and have enjoyed our Tulip festival in Oregon before. These are gorgeous and I love hearing your travel tales and seeing your pictures of course.
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete