Monday, 25 February 2013

Spring... Where Are You?

What is it about a long, long, LONG winter that just makes me want to hibernate? I am now so over snow and ice and feeling cold in general! There are a few signs of spring about, but it seems we have a while to go yet....


Crisp blue skies and cherry blossom


Irises in my window box


Cute car spotted recently


Photos taken by me with my phone camera



Spring is the time of plans and projects. -Leo Tolstoy

No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow. -Proverb

Spring is nature’s way of saying, “Let’s party!” -Robin Williams

An optimist is the human personification of spring. -Susan J. Bissonette

Spring shows what God can do with a drab and dirty world. -Virgil A. Kraft

7 comments:

  1. This truly is a loooong winter, I´m fed up and long for spring like a maniac!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This winter seems endless, we get a teasing of spring then it snows all over again. I'm so over it but those pictures help tremind me that it won't always be so dull! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same too but when I look at some bloggers photos I am grateful for what we have. Many of them still seem to be up to their necks in snow, even nearby on the continent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel just as confused as Spring is fighting its way back. I want to open the windows again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly what you mean and we don't even have a winter here. Just the thought of it makes me shudder. If I want snow, ice and cold weather, I can see it from my house, but don't have to deal with...
    It's good that things are starting to perk up for you there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still waiting on winter to appear... and it looks unlikely..
    I miss having signs of changing seasons... in Florida
    they all look alike... just warm to HOT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not ready to give up summer yet. Went for a awim at 10:45 pm last night and don't want to stop yet.

    ReplyDelete