Thursday, 3 December 2009

Crimes of Plastic




I recently came across this quote that I thought I would do well to try and live by, in an attempt to curb my highly neurotic personality trait....

“The chief danger in life is that you may take too many precautions.” ALFRED ADLER (1870-1937) Austrian psychiatrist.

Huh! What did ol’ Alfred know? Clearly I didn’t take enough protective measures when flashing my credit card around cyberspace....some conniving little toe-rag out there has been using my details to fund their own dodgy transactions. Serves me right for extolling the virtues of online shopping on here last week...it’s come back to take a mighty big chunk out of my fat rump.

Luckily my credit card company were on the ball and put the brakes on before the Lunch-Is-On-Nat brigade could get out of the parking lot. Hassle, hassle, hassle....it’ll take a good 10 days before my card is restored. I’m thankful that I’ve done all my Christmas shopping and shopped till my fingers dropped, stocking up on thermal socks and undies to ward off the subzero temperatures of Norway. Otherwise, how would I cope?

Life's about film stars and less about mothers
It's all about fast cars and cussing each other
But it doesn't matter cause I'm packing plastic
And that's what makes my life so f***ing fantastic

And I am a weapon of massive consumption
And it's not my fault it's how I'm programmed to function
I'll look at The Sun and I'll look in The Mirror
I'm on the right track yeah we're onto a winner
[Lily Allen, The Fear]

No comments:

Post a Comment