Sunday, 6 December 2009

10 Things I Learnt At My Office Christmas Party

Inspired by Being Brazen, who regularly posts lists about her weekend, here’s one from me....

1. Not even Tyra Banks could "work" a paper Christmas hat.

2. A roomful of adults are easily entertained by party poppers and screeching rocket balloons whizzing overhead.

3. White and dark chocolate delice with raspberry and vanilla compote is a delicious dessert.

4. An office "Christmas do" is not a party without a disco cheesier than a toasted emmental and brie sandwich.

5. Two glasses of wine are enough to get me onto the dance floor of such a disco.

6. These days, two glasses of wine are also enough to give me a hangover from hell the next day.

7. Kings of Leon, 50 Cent, Chesney Hawkes and Marilyn Manson make for an eclectic mix of sounds....and some bizarre dance routines.

8. My Heavy-Metal-loving husband knows all the moves to The Macarena...and (with the right amount of alcohol in him) will happily demonstrate them on the dance floor.

9. There is no greater feeling than dancing in stockinged feet after 4 hours on 4 inch stiletto heels.

10. Cameras should be banned at functions involving alcohol, dancing and  workmates who are also your friends on FaceBook.




4 comments:

  1. I'm with you on number 10!

    And now I have a mental image of a bunch of metal-heads doing the macarena to 50 Cent... and they say music doesn't unite people?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab list! Its been a while since i did damage at an office party but strangely I could relate quite nicely.....Number 10 should be written in a contract before entering said office party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks all!
    Helen - I wonder if 50 would be keen on that theme for his next music video...probably not!
    Simply-Mel - I agree!

    ReplyDelete