Sunday, 8 February 2015

Things I learnt On My Alpine Adventure...

1. This is not a bad view to wake up to every morning....





2. It's even better served with ice... make that icicles!





3. Fashion be damned! When it's -15 C and a blizzard is howling, you'll wear every item you own to keep warm...





4. Some of us still managed to stay stylish though....

Dylan - our mountain guide's trusty fox terrier


5. I've always struggled walking uphill. Add 3 feet of snow into the equation, and it becomes a real slog....




6. That uphill slog is worth it for the views....






7. And the delicious cake back at the chalet....


There are no calories in cake eaten at high altitude :-)



8. All that snow thankfully makes for soft landings!

My default position... on my rear!



9. Being last has its benefits... especially when snowshoeing! The ones upfront have the hard job of cutting the path....

Follow in my snow prints



10. Mont Blanc is an elusive mountain, rarely seen in winter. We only spotted her once - the rest of the week, she remained shrouded in cloud.

Europe's highest peak (15,771 ft)


Grandes Jorasses (13,805 ft)




7 comments:

  1. You amaze me Nat! What glourious views earned by your hard work uphill!
    Xxxxxoooooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glorious images Nat, and after all your effort you deserved a large slice of cake, it looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab serious of images, here and last post Nat.. Looks like you had a brilliant time and thanks for that all important tip, I'm climbing up the tree in the back garden the next time I eat something bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't like snow but your photos are fabulous!! BTW you have just had a sneak preview of our visit to NYC as I inadvertently published it halfway through when in fact not only had I not finished writing the post, it will not actually be posted for another 3 weeks! There are two more posts before that one because we visited Toronto and Niagara!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW ! These are fantastic pictures! Thank you for stopping by my blog this morning and for your very kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your amazing! It's nice to see snow somewhere, as we barely had any here this year. That cake looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so serious. This is an amazing place and your photos of it, are simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete