Monday, 15 December 2014

The Posh Doorman Strikes Again...

Despite embarrassing myself, horribly, at last year's office Christmas party at the very grand Blenheim Palace - which you can read all about over here - I was allowed back again this year.





This time round, we had a private room (The Marlborough) for our three-course dinner, and my boss laid on a harpist and caricaturist for entertainment....


Apparently a true likeness!


Working from home as I do, I don't get to see my office-based colleagues all that often, so it was hardly surprising that we all had a lot to talk about at the party. And talk we did!

Next thing we knew it was gone 1 o'clock in the morning and we were still going strong when in swept our old friend, Very Posh Doorman...

What Very Posh Doorman said: "Ladies and gentlemen: much as I hate to interrupt this convivial conversation, I must impress on you that the gates to The Palace will shortly be locked, and you may find yourselves trapped for the rest of the weekend!".

What Very Posh Doorman meant: "Oi you lot! Quit your yacking and sod off! Some of us have homes to get to....".


6 comments:

  1. What fun! I wouldn't have minded being trapped there for the weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't tell me they had a photocopier in The Marlborough Room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny enough they didn't :-) Far too 'common'....

      Delete
  3. How totally dreamy, Nat! I thought you were going to tell us that you ran off with the very posh doorman. Happy weekend!

    Bises,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I might have hidden and become "trapped" for the weekend.
    That place is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get out more! What a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete