β. Greek taxi drivers have a rather cavalier attitude to a) speed restrictions, b) overtaking into oncoming traffic, and c) the luggage limitations imposed by the size of their car boots.
That's our luggage precariously balanced in the back of an Athens taxi
γ. Eating Greek salad in Greece may sound like a culinary cliche... but I have never tasted any salad that good before! Ditto thick, creamy Greek yogurt drizzled with dark, natural honey... delicious!
δ. It's worth being up early enough to catch the sunrise, when you're greeted with this.....
ε. And Greek sunsets are not bad either.....
ς. It's also worth a long, hot hike, along a steep path to get to a deserted beach like this....
ζ. I don't always see things in black and white. In Greece, things are often blue and white though....

I adore Greece, the prevalence of blue and white, the beaches and the Greek Salad! xxx
ReplyDeleteJ'adore the white snd blue of Greece Nat, of the sky and the sand also. So different from your pics of Iceland.. I remember the first time I saw volcanic black sand in Amalfi, so strange :)
ReplyDeleteNat sometimes I think you have the best life ever with all this travel. Honestly I don't even think I know where you call home. These are fantastic images and I see beauty in both the blue and white and the decay. The hike to that beach, I would have savored every step. Your hubby, a darling I'm sure. Thanks for more beautiful images to make me want to get out more!
ReplyDeleteXxxxxoooooo
I wish I was closer to Europe to be able to afford to go and explore it
ReplyDeleteGreat photos and narrative. For some reason, when I think of going overseas, I have always opted for Asia. However, when I see beautiful blog posts like this one, I think I need to jump on a plane headed in opposite direction. I LOVE this post (and most of your others as well).
ReplyDeleteIt just struck me that we've been following each other's blog, for a long time. Almost from the very beginning. Neither of us post as often as we once did, and I'm always happy to see that you have.
ReplyDeleteHi Pat! I know, I just can't seem to find the time to post as much any more.... life gets in the way of blogging :-)
DeleteSo many things I would like to share on here some day, perhaps in 2015 I'll get my blogging mojo back...
Thanks for always following and commenting!
Beautiful photos!
ReplyDeleteGreetings from Belgium; https://koivis.wordpress.com/
ReplyDelete