Sunday, 23 November 2014

Vik

Just when I thought the landscapes of Iceland could not get any more diverse, we came across the black sand beach at Vik. An incredible place! Apart from the black sand, there are spectacular basalt columns, pillars in the sea and the chance to spot puffins - none caught on camera, unfortunately.












































4 comments:

  1. I've only seen black sand in a few places, its rather lovely in the sunshine but looks bleak here. Were you tempted to go for a dip? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a striking contrast that black sand against the green on the cliffs. The shapes of those cliffs are insane! I have been on a black sand beach once on Maui and it was gorgeous! Thanks for sharing these Nat! You are my own personal travel advisor. I still want to take a cooking class in Asia because of you!
    Xxxxooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a world from a sci-fi or fantasy novel (or movie)

    ReplyDelete