Sunday, 19 October 2014

Chasing Waterfalls - The Iceland Edition

Iceland is known as 'The Land of Fire and Ice'. It should perhaps also be crowned 'The Land of Waterfalls' - foss being the Icelandic word for waterfall. We were completely 'Fossed Out' by the end of the trip....


 Seljalandsfoss









Skogafoss





 Gullfoss













Svartifoss - Skaftafell National Park





Dettifoss











Godafoss






......
Yes, I'm still here... sort of!

Somehow August merged with September and the next thing you know it's October... and not another peep out of Nat! Life has just been getting in the way of my blogging lately.

There's always something else to do, or another distraction...

It hasn't helped that since June I have effectively been doing the job of two (and sometimes three!) people, with constant deadlines and pressures.

As you all know, I don't like hanging around at home for too long. Since I last posted, I've had another quick trip to New York (fast becoming one of my favourite cities) with my mom to celebrate her 75th birthday. And I've recently returned from a week of walking on the Greek island of Evia...

More on all these, and Iceland of course, to follow.....

9 comments:

  1. You are such a jet setter! Love these waterfalls, i feel instantly relaxed just looking at them.
    Happy birthday to your Mum! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some seriously impressive waterfalls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The photos don't actually do them justice :-)

      Delete
  3. You might have felt 'fossed out' but they really are magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosemary :-) Spectacular scenery!

      Delete
  4. I've missed you Nat! Iceland is on my list it looks incredible peaceful and grand! Thanks for taking me along. I love your travel photos so very much!
    Xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Krista! Highly recommend a trip there :-) The people are very friendly and a little quirky (in a good way)... think you would enjoy it :-)

      Delete
  5. Wow! Do the wonders of this land never end? This is amazing...

    ReplyDelete