Saturday, 12 April 2014

Signs I May Be A Tad Obsessed With My Marathon Training Plan....




  • My week and especially my weekends are arranged entirely around my walks and how I'll fit the necessary mileage into the hours I have.
  • I install not one but two Apps on my phone to track my mileage - best to get an average of two!
  • When, around 9 miles into a 12-miler and I realise I have dropped my phone, the first thought that pops into my head is not "Oh no! I may have just lost my fairly new, £200 phone with all my contacts!" but rather "Darn it! Now I won't know how far I've walked!" *
  • When I spy a load of police officers lined up on the pavement, their van parked across the road, my reaction is not "Hope nothing serious has happened!" but rather "Hope they are not going to mess up my planned 14-mile route!" **
  • I've committed to memory the mileage of all the paths in Central Park... just in case I can fit the odd 5 miles in-between the 10 miles per day we'll be walking all over The Big Apple next week!




........................
* This tale does have a happy ending... a lovely lady picked up my phone, checked my address book and phoned 'Home'. I was so impressed with her honesty and so pleased to be reunited with my phone that I bought her the biggest bouquet of flowers I could find on Mothering Sunday.

** There is also a happy ending to this tale... it turns out the police officers were in training, learning how to set up a road block - on a quiet road, much favoured by runners and walkers.


5 comments:

  1. You are obsessed and hilarious I can't imagine how entertaining in must be to be in your head for all those miles:). I saw something yesterday you might like. It's a company called epic relays, they be a relay race with 12 people for 200 miles in 24 hours. Doesn't that sound crazy but interesting too? You'd totally do that Nat, because you are a bad ass.
    Xxxxoooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Krista
      Sounds like my next challenge is sorted :-)

      Delete
  2. I'm so impressed with your dedication and enthusiasm. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dedication is to be admired!
    You are so funny...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very impressed. At siome stage I need to get myself motivated to start running again. I'm tired of being tired and overweight and unfit.

    ReplyDelete