Sunday, 30 March 2014

A Walk In The Peak District

After basking in unseasonable warm (for Spring), sunny weather for almost two weeks, our luck ran out last weekend for our long-planned meet-up with friends for some walking in the Peak District.

In case you're wondering, the Peak District National Park is found here...


Not to be confused with The Lake District, which is further north!



Wind, rain, hail and then sleet hammered us from all directions most of the way! I didn't bother even taking my camera with, but I did get a few quick shots using my phone...



















A brief ray of light



It's lambing season!







Friendly donkey

6 comments:

  1. What a shame, but your photos seem to tell another story. Were you in Dovedale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosemary
      Yes in that area - part of the Tissington Trail (?)

      Delete
  2. We don't live far from the Peak District and I spent a fair bit of my youth rambling around Dovedale and Ashbourne. Its very lovely! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The English countryside with its green rolling hills, stone walls, small villages and stone churches will always be beautiful. Would love to visit one day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beauty! I'm also a south African and would love to someday live in the English countryside x

    http://beinggirl96.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! What a beautiful place. Your photos are also beautiful...

    ReplyDelete