Thursday, 16 May 2013

Notes From Nat....


Dear Drunk-and-Misguided-But-Possibly-Well-Meaning-Bloke-Out-In-London-On-Saturday-Night

Thank you so much for coming out of your warm, cosy pub to stand on the freezing cold street, pint in hand, and yell encouraging words at us as we power walked past. We really appreciate your support but think you may have slightly missed the point of the whole exercise.... that being to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer charities. Thus, while it is fantastic that you felt strongly enough to shout "You go girls! All power to you... you are just as good as men and you have rights too!"... the sentiment may have been better placed a few decades earlier, when our mothers and grandmothers marched for Women's Equality. You did, however, bring a smile to the faces of the many fabulous men that were walking with us on Saturday night too...


.............

Dear Neighbourhood Cats

Contrary to popular belief, our revamped bird-feeding station has NOT been installed in the front garden as some sort of feline 'Fly-Through McDonald's'! Stop stalking those birds right now.... or I will have to break out the super-mega-pump-action water pistol!



............

Dear Twenty-something Neighbour

Thanks for reminding me that I am nearly 40. While I was thrilled to have a long weekend earlier this month to get the gardening done and paint the shed, you mooched round your back garden in your PJs, nursing the Mother of All Hangovers and relaying tales of your drunken night out on the town!






9 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Loved this, great read! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh God, is that what he said? I think I would have buckled over with laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on completing your walk and with your sense of humour still intact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Love the "mere cat" one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there such a creature as a mere cat, ask any feline owner and I think that would be a unanimous nay :) fun post Nat..

    ReplyDelete
  6. You seem to know quite a lot about what goes on next door. LOL! Bwahahahahaha.

    They say 80% of people live next to a pervert. I don't, I live next to a sexy 16 year old girl with legs up to theeeere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! And that would make you....? :-)

      Delete
  7. All cute and funny stuff, but that guy outside the pub. Geez! Drunk or just a few decades behind the times?

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA! Crack me up . . . all of them! Love it!

    ReplyDelete