Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Food, Glorious Thai Food!

One of the best things about visiting Thailand? The food of course! I absolutely love Thai food, and so I was in food heaven on my recent travels.

Perhaps not the most waistline friendly... all that satay (peanut) sauce and coconut milk, but somehow I managed not to gain any extra pounds, and I am still under my target weight that I have been striving to adhere to this year.

Our hotel resort offered one-to-one cookery lessons with their resident chef, who showed us how to turn these lovely ingredients.....








.... into these tasty dishes....


Tom Yum Soup


Green Curry


Chicken and cashew nuts


Some of the best food to be had can be bought from street vendors and at the night food markets, like Fisherman's Village at Bophut....







Corn on the cob with coconut butter ... delicious beach fare!


Even the birds love them!


Coconut candy treats


Spring rolls (fore) and Imperial spring rolls (aft)


Duck pancakes


Fruit smoothie... my type of sundowner!


Now that would be food hell... a whole load of duran fruit!

What is your favourite type of food?

6 comments:

  1. I also loved the food experience when I was in China. The different food fascinated me and I loved trying stuff. The Chicken and cashew nuts look awesome, but so does the springrolls (which I love by the way) That BBQ pork on the stall also caught my eye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm! My mouth's watering and I've only just had my breakfast! Well done for staying under your target weight with all that deliciousness on offer! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I feel very hungry - I am very fond of Thai food, but my taste is pretty universal. Good British food, Italian, all are enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats for staying below your target weight even while traveling! I love the picture of the fruit smoothie with the beautiful beach in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are the most scrumptious images, I am dying over all this. Again you did the cooking class thing I love it!!!! Your pictures always inspire me to head to somewhere anywhere in Asia. The food alone makes me want to go and then there are the random beautiful beaches, kind warm people and all the other amazing landscapes you have shared with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nat..im sure u enjoyed your trip so much. Hmmm...i love tomyam so much and its so easy to prepare. In malaysia, we usually have spring rolls for tea. We have lots and lots of thai restaurants in malaysia cause we love thai food so much. We love durian too!

    ReplyDelete