- I have hyperdontia (more teeth that I should) and as a child I had an overbite that meant I could fit 3 fingers sideways between my upper and lower teeth. Four teeth extractions and 5 years' orthodontic treatment later and I have the Colgate smile/grimace.
- I have a VERY long tongue...I can touch the tip of my nose.
- I have a patch of hair near my crown that grows straight up...the result of a mishap involving my head and a jagged tile on the edge of a shelf in the communal bathroom of my Halls at varsity. Earned me 6 stitches, a tetanus jab and a partly shaved head...and the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience Cape Town's state hospital A&E unit, more typically frequented by gunshot victims of rival gangs.
- I freckle profusely when I go out in the sun.... even when deeply tanned, I still have darker spots on top of my golden hue. Something to do with my Irish ancestry.
- I write with my right hand but use my left ear against the earpiece of a telephone.
- I am terrified of flying. Kind of spoils the travelling lark, but I now use pharmaceuticals to cope. I am also very afraid of being in a car with someone else driving fast, suffer from arachnaphobia and detest all other small things that creep and crawl or fly (even moths). I've recently developed a fear of barking dogs that jump up against me... strange, as I had pets as a child. Do we get more fearful with age?
- I cannot sleep on less than 2 pillows.
- I will not eat game meats, offal, shellfish, brussel sprouts or petit pois (but will eat mange tout).
- The hospital, town and even country where I was born have all subsequently changed names.
- My birthday falls on the cusp of Capricorn-Aquarius. Although I'm not a big follower of Zodiac Signs, they do seem to mean a lot to many people I know, and they swear by their personalities being ruled by X Planet, not being compatible with so-and-so as they are a Virgo (which is never a good combination with Aries or whatever) and so on.....
Those born on the Capricorn/Aquarius Cusp are involved with and interested in social institutions. They want to make them work as they were meant to work. They are humanitarians and philanthropists, the visionaries of the Zodiac. Friendship is important to them, and they have many acquaintances, in addition to their close friends. These people are also ambitious and disciplined, determined and dedicated to achieving their goals. They are practical, realistic and cautious not to get in over their heads.
Hmmm, but now that they've found a 13th Sign (was it ever lost or just under a pile of dirty astrological laundry?)... it turns out I'm a true Capricorn after all. Moot point.
Teehee - quite amusing.
ReplyDeleteI am on the cusp of Cancer and Leo and have traits of both - but on further investigation I would probably have traits of all!
I think you and I are terrified of flying because we are class-A control freaks :P.
You forgot to mention your type A personality - teehee.
I'll be running along then...