I never did get round to showing you some photos of the Lake District, did I? I spent a very happy weekend there back in early June, hiking with a group of friends.
We stayed in a very comfy B&B in Ambleside, aptly named 'The WaterWheel'....
On the Saturday, we hiked all day along a route known as The High Road....
Part of the old Roman road
Group shot - I'm lurking on the far left in the blue tee
A gentler walk on the Sunday, from Ambleside to Grasmere, exploring some caves en route....
Happy days!
Such beautiful landscape. You must have had a lovely time.
ReplyDeleteThese photos are making me feel nostalgic, we usually visit at daffodil time or bluebell time like you. The Lake District is so beautiful and the landscape really does takes some beating. I love the blue colours the clouds make on the mountains enhancing its splendour. Enjoyed your photos.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. How I would love to explore the English countryside with all its beauty and history
ReplyDeleteI can't believe it's been almost a year since Krista and I took Ambleside by storm! Lovely photos, Nat, brings it all back! x
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh Nat, what a beautiful hike!!! I love places like that!
ReplyDeleteSimply beautiful shots .!!
ReplyDeleteVery peaceful.
Have a great weekend !!
I just wanted to thank you so much for being a faithful bloggy friend. You come to my blog, read what I share and leave a kind comment. All when I have been almost nonexistent for over a month. Thank you, thank you. It means so much to me.
ReplyDeleteAh Nat Vix is right looking at these amazing pictures being back some pretty special memories. You really saw much more of it than we did, those caves are stunning. I can always count on you for some beautiful landscapes!
ReplyDeleteXxoo
Really nice pics, looks beautiful! :-)
ReplyDeleteSpectacular scenery around the Lake District Nat, my hubby would loooove to walk there.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! That is so lush and beautiful. Your photos are also beautiful! Someday...
ReplyDelete