Sunday, 16 December 2012

Sombre

I was going to write a quick post to explain why I have been so absent lately. I was going to use the opportunity to have a bit of a moan about a certain client who does her best to 'make my life a living hell'.... but in the light of events that have unfolded around the world these past couple of days, how can I possibly think I'm having a hard time when others' lives have been destroyed.





At times like these, it's possible to despair over mankind. To quake at our seemingly endless capacity for inflicting such abhorrent cruelty on each other. Why do so many innocent people have to suffer so much at the hands of so few? Do we never learn from the tragedies that have gone before despite there being constant reminders everywhere we look? Perhaps none so poignant as the Holocaust Memorial near the Brandenburg Gate....








Photographs taken by me in Berlin


“When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it - always.”  Mahatma Gandhi

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful quote, dear Nat. I have found myself with tears falling so many times the past two days - when I watch my daughters playing, without a worry or care in the world - when I hear a Christmas song - when I read a news article about the shootings. It certainly has put everything into perspective for me . . . Thinking of you, dear friend, and wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Nat ~tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful sentiment, Nat. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find it impossible to imagine how the families will pick up the pieces and move forward after such a heart break. Innocent, beautiful little children at the beginning of their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does make you stop and think.........

    Great post Nat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear you Nat. There's no doubt about it, the human race is its own worst ememy.

    ReplyDelete