Monday, 23 April 2012

People Watching In Vietnam

I'm back! What an amazing, enlightening trip.... Vietnam completely blew me away! The sights, the sounds, the smells, the vibrant life on the street - there is just so much to show you all and tell you about that I hardly know where to begin.

Perhaps it was the Vietnamese people that I found most fascinating.... their friendliness to strangers, their eagerness to please, their pride in their country, their industrious nature. The way they embrace modern life yet still revere their age-old traditions. The importance they place on family.


Fruit seller in Hoi An


 Street fruit sellers in Hanoi


 Bridal couple in Hanoi


 Family gathering in Hanoi


 Monk and incense seller - temple at Marble Mountain


Lunchtime gossip in Hoi An


 Crab seller in Hoi An market


 Hoi An market


 Riding in style


 Water taxi, Mekong Delta


 Fisherman, Mekong Delta


 More friendly fishermen, Mekong Delta


 Floating market, Mekong Delta


 Floating market, Mekong Delta


 Floating market, Mekong Delta


 Brothers


 My Vietnamese Toy Boy, Saigon - he wanted to take my photo so I took his too!


Monks in a row, Ho Chi Minh City airport


Loads more to come.....

How are you all doing? Hope to catch up with your blogs soon!


16 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos, Nat. So glad to hear you enjoyed (and survived) the trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Almost poisoned myself with all the bug repellant but came home bite free :-)

      Delete
  2. Nat what an incredible trip!!! Your pictures tell the story glad you had a wonderful time and I can't wait to see more pictures!

    Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope to get onto more posts very soon...

      Delete
  3. I got to go to Ningbo in China a couple of years ago on business but also got to do a bit of the tourist thing and I also did a lot of people watching. The culture is so different which means that there is so much to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true... everything seems so interesting as it is so different to what we know!

      Delete
  4. Those photographs are amazing, it looks such a gorgeous country!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachael... it is an amazing place!

      Delete
  5. Welcome back Nat I have missed you! I love that what impressed you most was the character of the people. I picture Vietnam to be just like this! A few things I noticed, wow they sit so low to the ground my poor knees, they seem to have no trouble and I love the straw hats perfect for keeping you cool. I love the floating markets and all the smiles from strangers. The food would have spoiled me for life, so fresh, so local, so delicious I bet! Can't wait to see more of them and hopefully a lil picture of you too.
    Lotsoflove~
    Krista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krista :-) I have loads more... just need the time to get through them all! If only we didn't have this annoying thing called work to do all the time!
      I may just sneak a photo of me in... I tend to stay behind the camera as I like anonymity most times :-)

      Delete
  6. Fantastic photos! This will blow your mind maybe, but I've spent quite a bit of time in and around Hoi An. Mostly, around Hoi An...
    I'm jealous of your recent trip! I'd love to go there again. It's a beautiful place and the people (for the most part) weren't trying to kill me, when I was there last time. I'm not sure if you've checked out any of my Vietnam posts or not. If not, I have a page that has links to all of them. Great post Nat...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat - I remember reading your absolutely fascinating posts about Vietnam when I first found your blog. I was so interested to read things from your frank perspective. There are reminders of the war everywhere in Vietnam... I was thinking of you a lot when out there and often wondering if you had seen any of the places I was seeing. Of course they have probably changed so much. China Beach for one is under massive development - soon to be swamped with tourist holiday resorts.

      Delete
    2. Hi Nat! That is very nice that you thought of me when you were there. Based on what you and another friend have told me. I'd probably not recognize much, as many places have been developed. Someday, I'd still like to give it a try.
      I'm off to see your latest posts!

      Delete
  7. Your capture of the people of Vietnam is fabulous truly seeing the culture and warmth of this country. So glad that you had a great trip and I can only imagine the megapixels your brought back!

    Bises,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love how you captured the relationships of the people of this country. Absolutely wonderful photos, my friend. Wow. (I know I keep writing that on your comments, but I am really enjoying these photos so much. Each one is more special than the next and tells a story I want to know more of. LOVE this vacation, Nat. Of all the places "we" have been together (and by "we", I mean, me and your blog) I think this one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete